2014 - Back again in the World Series

This blog was started a few years ago to chronicle my World Series of Poker experiences. For those of you new to the game, this will be my seventh go at this. I have taken a hiatus over the last couple of years (kids' activities and other travel commitments), but am back again. I have two cashes in my past, so it hasn't all been a total bust! Plus, it's loads of fun. I have equated it to being a huge baseball fan and one day getting to play in the outfield in the actual baseball World Series for a couple of innings. How amazing would that be? Anyway, this year's field will be split into three opening days. I'm playing in the third of those, Day 1C, today - July 7, 2014. Only 771 entered for Saturday's Day 1A. That was lower than expected. However, numbers were up again for Sunday's Day 1B (2,144). Day 1C is expected to be in the 4000 range. The total should be somewhere over 6,000 vying for the title and the guaranteed $10 million prize. Of the 2,915 who have played in Days 1A or 1B, 1,933 have chips left for tomorrow's Day 2A. That means I've already outlasted nearly 1,000 people! (982 to be exact). For those who want to follow along, I'll be posting occasional chip stack updates on my twitter handle: @WeilatWSOP. Also, there's an App called MyStack that should have updates. I also plan to blog more details on this site later tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a nice stack heading into Day 2B on Wednesday, July 9th. If you're in the Rio watching this event (and, believe me, it is NOT a spectator event - EXTREMELY BORING to watch live), I'll be in the Pavilion at Black table 180, seat 8. Later for now. - Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment